A certificate of Endorsement of Specialization formally recognizes that a student has created a program of concentrated study within the basic 40 semester credit hours required of the Master of Science in Information Studies. The MSIS curriculum offers any number of options for students to craft a concentration or specialization once they have completed their required courses.
Suggested Areas of Study
- User Experience
- Interactive Design
- Web Development
- Health Informatics
- Information Architecture
- Digital Asset Management
- Digital Humanities
- Curation and Preservation
Application & Curriculum Requirements
- Candidate must be an enrolled iSchool MSIS student
- Complete EOS Application (PDF | Word)
- Plan and complete (12) semester credit hours of cohesive study centered on desired specialization. Lower-division courses cannot be applied.
- Program must be approved by individual faculty advisor.
- If desired, a student may apply the same 12 semester hours (excluding Practicum hours) towards the requirements for a Certificate of Advanced Study.
- Submit EOS Completion Form in the last two weeks of the student's final semester (PDF | Word)